Part of our school philosophy is a belief that a vital part of living on Earth is caring for others and for the Earth itself. We believe that this leads to peace and deep happiness.
Therefore, when students or teachers join our school we expect them to join in a community life where we respect and care
- for ourselves,
- for each other and
- for the school environment.
Our first intention is always to create a positive attitude to our work and play.
To achieve this we will always respect and obey the following school rules.
- We speak respectfully to others and about ourselves. Bad language is not acceptable.
- We always respect the bell times. At the first bell we will finish our game and return to our class. By the second bell we will be at our class and ready for the next session.
We always follow the school Clothing Policy: download as a
Word doc or
- A school sun hat must be worn outside at all times in Terms 1 and 4.
- Food: We always follow the school's Food Policy
- Boundaries: We obey the schoolyard boundaries which include:
- Class 3 and above can go across creek when it is mown.
- We do not play in the toilet area
- We use the outside toilets during playtimes and after school and we only use the inside toilets during class time.
- The Library is a special area for quiet reading and discussion and is not a play space
- The creek is not for playing in, and we want to keep it clean. We don't throw anything in creek.
- The car park area is out of bounds.
- The bike racks are out of bounds during except before and after school for bike owners.
- We do not play among the reeds.
- We do not climb on the fences, gates, walls or in the trees.
- We only play on the climbing frame during school playtimes and never before
or after school. The climbing frame is not for the use of our brothers and
sisters who are in Kinder or Prep or who are not enrolled at school.
- Ball Games
- Class 4 and above can play ball games.
- Balls are only to be thrown on the ovals, hard courts and beyond the burm behind the Class 8 and Craft rooms.
- Kicking ball games are allowed in Terms 2 & 3 only.
- We do not play ball games after school
- Cubbies may be built in Autumn and Winter but only natural materials may
be used and nails, metal and plastic sheeting are not permitted. Tunneling
is also not allowed. All cubbies should be well set back from the creek banks.
- We don't bring toys to school. A comforting doll or small soft toy can be
an exception and with the teacher's permission, up to two 'Matchbox' cars can
be brought for play in the sandpit.
- We do not use the gym equipment unless we are being supervised by a teacher.
- We do not play the pianos unless we are under the supervision of a teacher.
- After school we must stay under the shade-cloth area.
- iPods and all similar mp3 music players are not allowed on school property. If found they will be kept in the school office until they are picked up by a parent.
- Mobile phones are not to be used by students on school property. Urgent phone
calls can always be made through the office.
- Bicycles are not to be ridden in school grounds.
- Domestic pets are not allowed on the school property at any time, including weekends, holidays or other non-school days.
The school's Discipline Policy can be obtained from the office.
^ return to top