Castlemaine Steiner School & Kindergarten.
TERM DATES FOR 2013
Monday 4th Feb - Wednesday 27th March
Tuesday 16th April - Friday 21st June
Tuesday 16th July - Friday 21st September
Tuesday 8th October - Friday 13th December
The National Schools Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program is funded by the Federal Government to provide school with a support worker.The program assists schools and their communities to support the spiritual and emotional wellbeing of the families of our school community.
The participation in this program is voluntary.
Lorna Atkinson is employed by the Castlemaine Steiner School to provide the support and pastoral care within the student welfare program.
What's On / Coming Up
APPLY NOW FOR PLACES IN 2013
Limited vacancies in Kindergarten and Classes 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.
Click here for
more news and to read our newsletters.
Out of love and hope for the future of the earth and all life upon it,
We strive to,
Develop the unique capacities of all within our care;
To ennoble the mind;
Fire the imagination;
Fortify the will and
Quicken the initiative for life.
The School's vision will be achieved in the education through:
- Continually developing a practical expression of the pedagogy elucidated by Rudolf Steiner.
- Maintaining a high standard of academic work.
- Recognising that rhythm, kinaesthetic learning and movement are integral parts of the curriculum.
- Cultivating a sense of guardianship of the natural world.
- Recognising the central role of art in the development of culture and society and developing it through the cultivation of creative thinking.
- Accepting only behaviours and attitudes that respect each individual regardless of race, creed, appearance and or perceived capacity.
- Cultivating a collaborative relationship between parent, teacher and child.
This vision will be achieved in the organisation through:
- Supporting the human element in all children's interactions, thereby enriching their capacity to participate purposefully and constructively in their immediate communities and in society generally.
- Providing our students with values which enable them to find meaning and
purpose in life.
- Acknowledgement of the modern cultural context of the lives of students.
- Active strategic planning.
sitemap |top of page